Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Little History

 Arlo Baker RDH U of W I believe was the first dental hygienists in north Central Washington. In 1957 she talked my father and his partner in Chelan to hire her.  They agreed to half a day each once a week.  That was the same year I started being a dental assistant in the summer for the next twelve years until I graduated from college.  I loved watching Arlo work....I believe she was trying to discourage me because she would call me in to see the worst cases.  It didn't discourage me..to this day, the worse the case the better I like it.  Twelve years later I started working for my father in Chelan and two dentists in Seattle....I was busy.   My husband was in dental school, we lived Seattle.  Every two months I would come to Chelan and work two straight weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment